Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Most Excellent Year: A Novel of Love, Mary Poppins & Fenway Park by Steve Kluger

Dear Allie:
I'm considering a relationship with you. And by the way, forget that Mrs. Fitzpatrick calls me Anthony. You can call me T.C.     -- T.C.

Dear Anthony:
I appreciate your interest, but I'm not accepting applications at this time. Your letter will be kept in our files and someone will get back to you if there is an opening.
Thank you for thinking of me.
Respectfully,
Alejandra Perez
P.S. It's not "Allie". It's "Ale".

And so starts the relationship between T.C. and Ale.

This is the story of T.C. and the many relationships in his life.  There is Augie who is such a best friend, they and their families consider them brothers.  There is Hucky, the deaf orphan who T.C. befriends.  And there is Ale, the girl T.C. loves and will do anything to get.

This is also the story of dreams coming true.  There is the dream of opening a baseball field at Japanese internment camp Manzanar.  There is the dream of becoming famous actors and actresses.  There is the dream of true love.  And there is the dream of meeting Mary Poppins.

No comments:

Post a Comment