Saturday, December 21, 2013

Holiday Favorites for Children

I love to read holiday stories.  I have ever since a small child.  That is probably why some of my all-time favorite holiday stories are chapter books for children. 

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
I love this story of a white trash family that "ruins" the Christmas pageant and makes it the most memorable and realistic pageant ever put on in town.  I also fondly remember watching the TV movie they made of the book in the 1980s.

The Birds' Christmas Carol by Kate Douglas Smith Wiggin
I cry every time I read this heartwarming story of a sick girl and her family who want just one more Christmas.

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
Who doesn't love the story of grumpy Ebenezer Scrooge and his redemption after visits from the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future?

Forever Rose by Hilary McKay
I love Hilary McKay's series of books about the Casson family.  This book focuses on Rose as the Christmas season approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment