Monday, August 6, 2018

I Don't Want to Grow Up! Books About Childhood

This week, I'm sharing picture books about being a kid.  Here's a few of my favorites . . . .

I'm Bored by Michael Ian Black
When a bored girl meets a potato who finds children tedious, she tries to prove him wrong by demonstrating all of the things they can do, from turning cartwheels to using their imagination.

Not a Stick by Antoinette Portis
An imaginative young pig shows some of the many things that a stick can be.

Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein
Little Red Chicken wants Papa to read her a bedtime story, but interrupts him almost as soon as he begins each tale.

Me Want Pet! by Tammi Sauer
When Cave Boy wants a pet, he tries a woolly mammoth, a saber-toothed tiger, and a dodo bird, but none seems suitable.

Snow by Uri Shulevitz
As snowflakes slowly come down, one by one, people in the city ignore them, and only a boy and his dog think the snowfall will amount to anything.


More Books --
Alligator Boy by Cynthia Rylant
Bigger! Bigger! by Leslie Patricelli
A Boy and His Bunny by Sean Bryan
The Boy Who Wouldn't Share by Mike Reiss
Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems
Duck! Rabbit! by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Froggy Eats Out by Jonathan London
Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
Horrible Bear by Ame Dyckman
I Can Do It Myself by Diane Adams
I Don't Want to Be Big by Dav Petty
I Lost My Bear by Jules Feiffer
If I Were a Jungle Animal by Amanda Ellery
Just a Mess by Mercer Mayer
Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems
Let's Do Nothing by Tony Fucile
Little Hoot by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Mustache Baby by Bridget Heos
My Cousin Momo by Zachariah Ohora
My Garden by Kevin Henkes
No, David! by David Shannon
Parts by Tedd Arnold
Peep and Egg: I'm Not Hatching by Laura Gehl
Puddles by Jonathan London
Rory the Dinosaur: Me and My Dad by Liz Climo
Snowball Fight by Jimmy Fallon
Templeton Makes a Wish by Greg Pizzoli
That's (Not) Mine! by Anna Kang
There's a Bear on My Chair by Ross Collins
Where's My T-R-U-C-K? by Karen Beaumont

Check these and more books about childhood out on display at the Arnold Branch through August 24, 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment