Monday, July 26, 2021

I Want a Pet!

 This week, I am sharing picture books about pets.  Here are a few of my favorites . . . .

Memoirs of a Tortoise by Devin Scillian
Oliver the tortoise looks back on his happy life as he wonders why his pet human, Ike, who he has had for eighty years, has stopped visiting the garden.

Me Want Pet by Tammi Sauer
When Cave Boy wants a pet, he tries a woolly mammoth, a saber-toothed tiger, and a dodo bird, but none seems suitable.

My Rhinoceros by Jon Agee
A rhinoceros does only two things: pop balloons and poke holes in kites. But rhinoceroses can really do more--so much more--than that!

Oh No, George! by Chris Haughton
George finds it hard to be a good dog when there are cats to chase, flowers to dig up, and a delicious cake sitting on the kitchen table.

Cats are Cats by Valeri Gorbachev
Miss Bell loves her cat Tiger, despite his tendency to act like a tiger.


More Pet Stories --
The Birthday Pet by Ellen Javernick
Can I Be Your Dog? by Troy Cummings
Can I Have a Stegosaurus, Mom? Can I? Please!? by Lois G. Grambling
A Cat Is Better by Linda Joy Singleton
Cat Napped by Leeza Hernandez
C'Mere, Boy! by Sharon Jennings
Dino by Diego Vaisberg
Dogosaurus Rex by Anna Staniszewski
Gilbert Goldfish Wants a Pet by Kelly DiPucchio
Hondo & Fabian by Peter McCarty
If I Had a Raptor by George O'Connor
The Kindhearted Crocodile by Lucia Panzieri
Lizard from the Park by Mark Pett
Me and My Big Mouse by Ethan Long
My Cat, the Silliest Cat in the World by Gilles Bachelet
My Crocodile Does Not Bite by Joe Kulka
A Pet for Miss Wright by Judy Young
Playtime? by Jeff Mack
Poor Louie by Tony Fucile
Rrralph by Lois Ehlert
Sterling, Best Dog Ever by Aidan Cassie
Take Your Pet to School Day by Linda Ashman
That's My Dog! by Rick Walton
Trouper by Meg Kearney
Who Wants a Tortoise? by David Keane
You Don't Want a Unicorn by Ame Dyckman


Check these and more pet picture books out on display at the Arnold Branch through August 6, 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment